July 22, 2021
Mark Your Calendars!
The Annual PGO Meeting will be held this year on October 13th and 14th in Hershey, PA
- Lunch/Golf at the Hershey Country Club West Course on October 13
- Dinner in the Picard Grand Pavilion at the Hershey Country Club on October 13
- Rooms available at the Hershey Lodge
- Continental Breakfast/Meeting/Lunch at the Hershey Lodge on October 14
It is exciting to be able to host and attend events again! Please plan to join us! Bring your family, too! Hershey has many things to offer: Chocolate World, Hershey Museum, Hershey Gardens with the Butterfly Atrium, Tanger Outlet Center to name just a few.
Meeting Reservation Information will be available soon.
May 29, 2021
Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all!
Effective Monday, May 31 at 12:01 AM, all statewide COVID-19 restrictions related to gatherings, restaurants, and other businesses (except masking) will be lifted.
The commonwealth's mask order will be lifted by June 28 or when 70 percent of adults get their second dose, whichever comes first.
May 11, 2021
The Wolf Administration today announced that event and gathering maximum occupancy limits will be increased to 50 percent for indoor events and gatherings and 75 percent for outdoor events and gatherings effective Monday, May 17 at 12:01 AM.
May 4, 2021
Governor Tom Wolf
Effective May 31, we are lifting COVID mitigation orders..
The masking order will be lifted when 70% of Pennsylvania adults are fully vaccinated. Help us lift the masking order sooner. Find a vaccine appointment near you: http://pa.gov/get-vaccinated
April 11, 2021
Registration for this year's National Golf Day will close on April 14th. This year's event is virtual, please click below for registration and schedule.
April 2, 2021
Register Now -- PGO Spring Golf Outing at Foxchase Golf Club
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
We hope you will join us for this fun and informational event.
Meet with our sponsors
Jay Karen, NGCOA CEO joins us for an NGCOA update and will be available for questions
Enjoy a day of golf
**Due to the current challenges with the USPS, please email a copy of your registration form so we can make your reservation by the deadline.**
March 30, 2021
Mark your Calendar for our upcoming Spring Golf Meeting/Social at Foxchase Golf Course on May 4th. There will be a brief meeting/educational session and golf at 1:00 PM. Jay Karen from NGCOA is expected to join us. Sign up information will be sent shortly.
March 15, 2021
Gov. Wolf: Effective April 4, More Options for Restaurants and Other Businesses, Mass Gathering Maximums Increase
Harrisburg, PA – As COVID-19 cases have declined and vaccination rates are climbing, Governor Tom Wolf today announced the lifting of some targeted restrictions on restaurants and other businesses, as well as increased gathering limits.
Effective April 4, restaurants may resume bar service; alcohol service will be allowed without the purchase of food; the curfew for removing alcoholic drinks from tables will be lifted; and indoor dining capacity will be raised to 75 percent for those restaurants that are currently self-certified and those that undergo the self-certification process, which involves agreeing to strictly comply to all public health safety guidelines and orders, including the cleaning and mitigation protocols and other operational requirements contained in the Governor and Secretary of Health’s mitigation and enforcement orders issued on November 23, 2020, as amended. Those restaurants that do not self-certify may raise capacity to 50 percent. Outdoor dining, curbside pick-up and takeout are still encouraged.
Requirements such as mask-wearing, and social distancing, including 6 feet between diners, also still apply.
Capacity for other businesses also will be increased effective April 4, including moving personal services facilities, gyms and entertainment facilities (casinos, theatres, malls) to 75 percent occupancy.
The governor also announced revised maximum occupancy limits for indoor events to allow for 25% of maximum occupancy, regardless of venue size, and maximum occupancy limits for outdoor events to allow for 50% of maximum occupancy, regardless of venue size. Maximum occupancy is permitted only if attendees and workers are able to comply with the 6-foot physical distancing requirement.
“Pennsylvanians have stepped up and done their part of help curb the spread of COVID-19,” Gov. Wolf said. “Our case counts continue to go down, hospitalizations are declining, and the percent positivity rate gets lower every week – all very positive signs. The number of people getting vaccinated increases daily and we are seeing light at the end of the tunnel. It’s time to allow our restaurants, bars and other service businesses to get back to more normal operations.”
While the lifting of these restrictions is good news, Gov. Wolf cautioned that mask-wearing, social distancing and business adherence to all safety orders are still imperative.
“We’ve come so far and now is not the time to stop the safety measures we have in place to protect ourselves, our families and our communities,” Gov. Wolf said. “Keep wearing a mask, social distancing, and, please, get vaccinated when it’s your turn.”
March 1, 2021
Gov. Wolf announced revisions to the gathering limits and eliminated out-of-state travel restrictions.
- The limit for indoor events is now 15% of maximum occupancy regardless of venue size and 6-foot physical distancing is still required.
- The limit for outdoor events is now 20% of maximum occupancy regardless of venue size and 6-foot physical distancing is still required.
- Out-of-state travel restrictions were lifted. It is no longer necessary for travelers to Pennsylvania to have a negative COVID test or 14-day self-quarantine.
January 25, 2021
Sign up now ...............Golf Business Conference 2021
January 11, 2021
Golf Business Conference 2021 Registration is Open
BY: RENEE FLOWERS , 4 HOURS AGO
Register today! Golf Business Conference is the industry’s largest annual gathering of golf course owners and operators. This year, the event will be conducted virtually January 25-27, in conjunction with the 2021 PGA Show Virtual Experience & Marketplace.
The registration fee — $95 for NGCOA members and $125 for non-members — includes access to all 12 GBC21 education sessions over three half days, and access to the session recordings after the conference. View the entire session schedule at golfbusinessconference.com/agenda. Also included is the annual NGCOA awards recognition ceremony and annual meeting for NGCOA members; this segment will be held virtually through NGCOA’s online platform.
GBC21 attendees can also view free PGA Show education content and PGA Show keynote sessions, and will be given access to the PGA Show exhibitor showrooms, appointment setting and chat feature, exhibitor-to-attendee matchmaking, virtual special events, the PGA Marketplace and more. Golf course owners who want to attend the full PGA Show Virtual Experience & Marketplace can add it to their registration in Step 3; visit pgashow.com for information and additional pricing.
GBC21 attendees can earn continuing education credits from the PGA of America, the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA), the Club Management Association of America (CMAA), and the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA). GBC21 sponsorships and PGA Show exhibiting opportunities are also available. Learn more at golfbusinessconference.com.
December 28, 2020
Victory Golf Passes are now available for purchase through PGO or to sell in your Pro Shop. Victory is endorsed by the PGO (Pennsylvania Golf Course Owner's Association and produced by a PGA Professional and Golf Course owner who is dedicated to providing the BEST Golf Value for Golfers!
December 25, 2020
Merry Christmas to you and your families!
December 10, 2020
November 26, 2020
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!
November 24, 2020
November 18, 2020
November 17, 2020
October 18, 2020
October 13, 2020
Please visit the link below from the Pennsylvania Restaurant and Lodging Association (PRLA) for information on HB 2513 which would restore the hospitality and private event industry to the standards that were in place before the July 15 mitigation announcement. Included are links to reach out to your legislative representative to make sure they understand that HB 2513 is important for the entire industry.
October 12, 2020
Thanks to PGO Member Jonathan Byler and his staff at Iron Valley Golf Club for hosting our PGO Golf Outing on October 6th. Thanks also to the members in attendance and to our event sponsors: Spirit Golf Management, Turf Equipment and Supply Co., Lawn & Golf Supply Co., Knies Insurance Group, and Brightview. It was a perfect fall day for good food, awesome golf and great conversations!
October 9, 2020
The new state guideline for events go into effect today.
October 3, 2020
Listed below please find information that we received from John Longstreet at PLRA in regards to the efforts they are taking to help the hospitality industry.
September 16, 2020
Register Now --
PGO Golf Outing at Iron Valley Golf Course
October 6, 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, we are unable to host our regular Annual Membership Meeting. We hope you will join us for this event to share information from this challenging season, enjoy a day of golf, and meeting with our sponsors.
We hope that you can join us.
September 9, 2020
Governor Wolf Announces Restaurants May Increase Indoor Occupancy to 50 Percent Starting September 21
Governor Wolf announced that restaurants may return to 50% capacity on September 21, but the restaurant must self-certify by Oct. 5 to do so. Today's order also imposed a 10 p.m. curfew for alcohol sales and kept the ban on bar service, meal requirement for alcohol purchases, and 25-person cap on private events intact.
September 6, 2020
September 1, 2020
Yesterday, Governor Wolf signed a second renewal of his 90-day disaster declaration for the COVID-19 pandemic. Press Release.
August 27, 2020
Mark Your Calendars for October 6, 2020
PGO Golf Outing at Iron Valley Golf Course
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, we cancelled our March Winter Social and now we are not able to host our Annual Membership Meeting. We have decided instead to hold a one day Golf outing/social for our members. More details will be available shortly. Thanks for your understanding.
Augusts 26, 2020
2020 Wingman Open PA at Saucon Valley Country Club
September 24, 2020
11:30 AM Registration & Lunch
1:00 PM Shotgun | 6:00 PM Dinner
hosted by the E. PA-NJ Folds of Honor Chapter
The Folds of Honor E. PA-NJ Chapter is proud to invite you to our Inaugural Wingman Open PA to be held on Thursday, September 24, 2020 at Saucon Valley Country Club in Bethlehem, PA. Seventy-two golfers will exclusively enjoy the club's beautiful Weyhill Course. Registration begins at 11:30 AM with a hosted lunch, followed by a 1:00 PM shotgun start, Shamble format. Special event contests and activities are complimented by post-golf cocktails and dinner, awards and a Folds of Honor presentation with Ginger Gilbert Ravella, co-author of Hope Found, a military wife and Gold Star widow, mother of five, stepmother of two, writer and international speaker . Golfers and guests will have the opportunity to bid for silent auction items such as exceptional trips, memorabilia and more with net proceeds going to the Folds of Honor's K-12 and High Education scholarship funds in support of our military families.
SPECIAL PRICING THROUGH SEPTEMBER 1ST:
Cost includes: Weyhill Course Greens Fees, Cart, Forecaddie, Player Pack, Pre-Golf Outdoor Lunch, Post-Golf Outdoor Reception (Open Bar) & Dinner, Tee Gift
ABOUT FOLDS OF HONOR:
Folds of Honor is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization that provides educational scholarships to families of US service members who have fallen or been disabled during their service to our country. Our goal is to help relieve our service members' concerns for their families' educational well-being and future. Founded in 2007 by Lt. Col. Dan "Noonan" Rooney, a PGA Professional and F-16 fighter pilot in the US Air Force Reserves, the Folds of Honor is proud to have awarded over 24,000 scholarships in all 50 states and some US territories, including approximately 4,500 in 2019. Visit FoldsofHonor.org to learn more.
ABOUT SAUCON VALLEY COUNTRY CLUB:
Saucon Valley Country Club, founded in 1920, lies nestled in the Lehigh Valley one hour north of Philadelphia and slightly more than one hour west of New York City. Over the years, the Club has grown from 18 holes and a clubhouse to become one of the largest private clubs in North America. Today, encompassing over 850 acres - the private club includes three outstanding golf courses, a six-hole course, tennis, squash, platform tennis, swimming pools, fine dining facilities and an 18th century guest house.
August 7, 2020
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics this morning released the July unemployment numbers. While the leisure and hospitality industry gained 592,000 nationwide, the sector is still down 2.6 million jobs since February, and has the highest unemployment rate (25%) of all sectors.
- Tomorrow, August 8, is the last day to apply for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), if you haven't already applied.
- Gov. Wolf announced at the end of his press conference a 'recommendation' of no interscholastic or recreational sports for pre-K through 12th grade. PRESS RELEASE
- Tell Congress to protect PPP recipients from surprise tax liabilities.
July 31, 2020
Patriot Golf Day
Earlier this year the NGCOA announced their official involvement with Patriot Golf Day making this a true industry-wide collaboration and #1 fundraiser in golf. It’s fun, it’s easy, it’s a great cause, and it’s a great way to generate business for your course as well! Most importantly, it’s not too late to join in!
Patriot Golf Day will take Labor Day Weekend September 4-7th 2020 (yet the dates can be flexible). The PGO supports this charity as well, and we encourage you to do what you can this year. Check out their website to learn about this great initiative and to register your course.
July 24, 2020
The PLCB released clarifying guidance on the July 15 order.
- Pennsylvania Provides Clarifying Guidance to PLCB Licensees Regarding Operations During Targeted Mitigation
- Guidance for Licensees in Yellow and Green Counties (3rd update)
July 23, 2020
July 22, 2020
Golf Business RevCon 2020 The success of your golf business is ALL ABOUT REVENUE.
July 21, 2020
- FOR WEDDINGS
- No bar service whatsoever. All alcohol must be served at the attendee's seat and accompany a meal.
- All food and beverage must be consumed at seat.
- Dance floors are still open but no food/drink permitted on it.
- MEAL DEFINITION has not been released.
Gov. Wolf announced new, targeted mitigation efforts on restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. These new efforts take effect at 12:01 a.m., July 16 and include the following guidelines:
- Prohibition from conducting operations unless the facility offers sit-down, dine-in meals or is serving take-out sales of alcoholic beverages. All service must be at a table or booth; bar service is prohibited.
- Occupancy is limited to 25 percent of stated fire-code maximum occupancy for indoor dining, and indoor events/gatherings may not exceed 25 persons. The maximum occupancy limit includes staff.
- Alcohol only can be served for on-premises consumption when in the same transaction as a meal.
- Take-out sales of alcohol for the purposes of off-site consumption are permitted subject to any limitations or restrictions imposed by Pennsylvania law.
- Non-bar seating in outdoor areas (i.e. tables or counter seats that do not line up to a bar or food service area) may be used for customer seating.
- Social distancing, masking, and other mitigation measures must be employed to protect workers and patrons.
- The Pa. Department of Health issued updated FAQs on the expanded mask order.
- The Paycheck Protection Program resumed accepting applications at 9 a.m. on July 6, 2020, in response to the Paycheck Protection Program Extension Act. The new deadline to apply for a Paycheck Protection Program loan is August 8, 2020.
- The Small Business Administration today released PPP loan data.
- Data released for loans above $150,000:
- Borrowing entity name, address
- Number of jobs covered under the loan application
- Voluntary demographic info (race, gender, veteran’s status)
- Loan amount will be disclosed with a range (not specific dollar amount)
- NAICS code
- No designation of whether you’re a franchise model
- Congressional district
- Data released for loans below $150,000:
- More than 4 million PPP loans were below $150,000
- No borrower names released
- Lender names released
- Total amount per state
- Data released for loans above $150,000: