January 11, 2021
Golf Business Conference 2021 Registration is Open
BY: RENEE FLOWERS , 4 HOURS AGO
Register today! Golf Business Conference is the industry’s largest annual gathering of golf course owners and operators. This year, the event will be conducted virtually January 25-27, in conjunction with the 2021 PGA Show Virtual Experience & Marketplace.
The registration fee — $95 for NGCOA members and $125 for non-members — includes access to all 12 GBC21 education sessions over three half days, and access to the session recordings after the conference. View the entire session schedule at golfbusinessconference.com/agenda. Also included is the annual NGCOA awards recognition ceremony and annual meeting for NGCOA members; this segment will be held virtually through NGCOA’s online platform.
GBC21 attendees can also view free PGA Show education content and PGA Show keynote sessions, and will be given access to the PGA Show exhibitor showrooms, appointment setting and chat feature, exhibitor-to-attendee matchmaking, virtual special events, the PGA Marketplace and more. Golf course owners who want to attend the full PGA Show Virtual Experience & Marketplace can add it to their registration in Step 3; visit pgashow.com for information and additional pricing.
GBC21 attendees can earn continuing education credits from the PGA of America, the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA), the Club Management Association of America (CMAA), and the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA). GBC21 sponsorships and PGA Show exhibiting opportunities are also available. Learn more at golfbusinessconference.com.
December 28, 2020
Victory Golf Passes are now available for purchase through PGO or to sell in your Pro Shop. Victory is endorsed by the PGO (Pennsylvania Golf Course Owner's Association and produced by a PGA Professional and Golf Course owner who is dedicated to providing the BEST Golf Value for Golfers!
December 25, 2020
Merry Christmas to you and your families!
December 10, 2020
November 26, 2020
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!
November 24, 2020
November 18, 2020
November 17, 2020
October 18, 2020
October 13, 2020
Please visit the link below from the Pennsylvania Restaurant and Lodging Association (PRLA) for information on HB 2513 which would restore the hospitality and private event industry to the standards that were in place before the July 15 mitigation announcement. Included are links to reach out to your legislative representative to make sure they understand that HB 2513 is important for the entire industry.
October 12, 2020
Thanks to PGO Member Jonathan Byler and his staff at Iron Valley Golf Club for hosting our PGO Golf Outing on October 6th. Thanks also to the members in attendance and to our event sponsors: Spirit Golf Management, Turf Equipment and Supply Co., Lawn & Golf Supply Co., Knies Insurance Group, and Brightview. It was a perfect fall day for good food, awesome golf and great conversations!
October 9, 2020
The new state guideline for events go into effect today.
October 3, 2020
Listed below please find information that we received from John Longstreet at PLRA in regards to the efforts they are taking to help the hospitality industry.
September 16, 2020
Register Now --
PGO Golf Outing at Iron Valley Golf Course
October 6, 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, we are unable to host our regular Annual Membership Meeting. We hope you will join us for this event to share information from this challenging season, enjoy a day of golf, and meeting with our sponsors.
We hope that you can join us.
September 9, 2020
Governor Wolf Announces Restaurants May Increase Indoor Occupancy to 50 Percent Starting September 21
Governor Wolf announced that restaurants may return to 50% capacity on September 21, but the restaurant must self-certify by Oct. 5 to do so. Today's order also imposed a 10 p.m. curfew for alcohol sales and kept the ban on bar service, meal requirement for alcohol purchases, and 25-person cap on private events intact.
September 6, 2020
September 1, 2020
Yesterday, Governor Wolf signed a second renewal of his 90-day disaster declaration for the COVID-19 pandemic. Press Release.
August 27, 2020
Mark Your Calendars for October 6, 2020
PGO Golf Outing at Iron Valley Golf Course
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, we cancelled our March Winter Social and now we are not able to host our Annual Membership Meeting. We have decided instead to hold a one day Golf outing/social for our members. More details will be available shortly. Thanks for your understanding.
Augusts 26, 2020
2020 Wingman Open PA at Saucon Valley Country Club
September 24, 2020
11:30 AM Registration & Lunch
1:00 PM Shotgun | 6:00 PM Dinner
hosted by the E. PA-NJ Folds of Honor Chapter
The Folds of Honor E. PA-NJ Chapter is proud to invite you to our Inaugural Wingman Open PA to be held on Thursday, September 24, 2020 at Saucon Valley Country Club in Bethlehem, PA. Seventy-two golfers will exclusively enjoy the club's beautiful Weyhill Course. Registration begins at 11:30 AM with a hosted lunch, followed by a 1:00 PM shotgun start, Shamble format. Special event contests and activities are complimented by post-golf cocktails and dinner, awards and a Folds of Honor presentation with Ginger Gilbert Ravella, co-author of Hope Found, a military wife and Gold Star widow, mother of five, stepmother of two, writer and international speaker . Golfers and guests will have the opportunity to bid for silent auction items such as exceptional trips, memorabilia and more with net proceeds going to the Folds of Honor's K-12 and High Education scholarship funds in support of our military families.
SPECIAL PRICING THROUGH SEPTEMBER 1ST:
Cost includes: Weyhill Course Greens Fees, Cart, Forecaddie, Player Pack, Pre-Golf Outdoor Lunch, Post-Golf Outdoor Reception (Open Bar) & Dinner, Tee Gift
ABOUT FOLDS OF HONOR:
Folds of Honor is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization that provides educational scholarships to families of US service members who have fallen or been disabled during their service to our country. Our goal is to help relieve our service members' concerns for their families' educational well-being and future. Founded in 2007 by Lt. Col. Dan "Noonan" Rooney, a PGA Professional and F-16 fighter pilot in the US Air Force Reserves, the Folds of Honor is proud to have awarded over 24,000 scholarships in all 50 states and some US territories, including approximately 4,500 in 2019. Visit FoldsofHonor.org to learn more.
ABOUT SAUCON VALLEY COUNTRY CLUB:
Saucon Valley Country Club, founded in 1920, lies nestled in the Lehigh Valley one hour north of Philadelphia and slightly more than one hour west of New York City. Over the years, the Club has grown from 18 holes and a clubhouse to become one of the largest private clubs in North America. Today, encompassing over 850 acres - the private club includes three outstanding golf courses, a six-hole course, tennis, squash, platform tennis, swimming pools, fine dining facilities and an 18th century guest house.
August 7, 2020
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics this morning released the July unemployment numbers. While the leisure and hospitality industry gained 592,000 nationwide, the sector is still down 2.6 million jobs since February, and has the highest unemployment rate (25%) of all sectors.
- Tomorrow, August 8, is the last day to apply for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), if you haven't already applied.
- Gov. Wolf announced at the end of his press conference a 'recommendation' of no interscholastic or recreational sports for pre-K through 12th grade. PRESS RELEASE
- Tell Congress to protect PPP recipients from surprise tax liabilities.
July 31, 2020
Patriot Golf Day
Earlier this year the NGCOA announced their official involvement with Patriot Golf Day making this a true industry-wide collaboration and #1 fundraiser in golf. It’s fun, it’s easy, it’s a great cause, and it’s a great way to generate business for your course as well! Most importantly, it’s not too late to join in!
Patriot Golf Day will take Labor Day Weekend September 4-7th 2020 (yet the dates can be flexible). The PGO supports this charity as well, and we encourage you to do what you can this year. Check out their website to learn about this great initiative and to register your course.
July 24, 2020
The PLCB released clarifying guidance on the July 15 order.
- Pennsylvania Provides Clarifying Guidance to PLCB Licensees Regarding Operations During Targeted Mitigation
- Guidance for Licensees in Yellow and Green Counties (3rd update)
July 23, 2020
July 22, 2020
Golf Business RevCon 2020 The success of your golf business is ALL ABOUT REVENUE.
July 21, 2020
- FOR WEDDINGS
- No bar service whatsoever. All alcohol must be served at the attendee's seat and accompany a meal.
- All food and beverage must be consumed at seat.
- Dance floors are still open but no food/drink permitted on it.
- MEAL DEFINITION has not been released.
Gov. Wolf announced new, targeted mitigation efforts on restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. These new efforts take effect at 12:01 a.m., July 16 and include the following guidelines:
- Prohibition from conducting operations unless the facility offers sit-down, dine-in meals or is serving take-out sales of alcoholic beverages. All service must be at a table or booth; bar service is prohibited.
- Occupancy is limited to 25 percent of stated fire-code maximum occupancy for indoor dining, and indoor events/gatherings may not exceed 25 persons. The maximum occupancy limit includes staff.
- Alcohol only can be served for on-premises consumption when in the same transaction as a meal.
- Take-out sales of alcohol for the purposes of off-site consumption are permitted subject to any limitations or restrictions imposed by Pennsylvania law.
- Non-bar seating in outdoor areas (i.e. tables or counter seats that do not line up to a bar or food service area) may be used for customer seating.
- Social distancing, masking, and other mitigation measures must be employed to protect workers and patrons.
- The Pa. Department of Health issued updated FAQs on the expanded mask order.
- The Paycheck Protection Program resumed accepting applications at 9 a.m. on July 6, 2020, in response to the Paycheck Protection Program Extension Act. The new deadline to apply for a Paycheck Protection Program loan is August 8, 2020.
- The Small Business Administration today released PPP loan data.
- Data released for loans above $150,000:
- Borrowing entity name, address
- Number of jobs covered under the loan application
- Voluntary demographic info (race, gender, veteran’s status)
- Loan amount will be disclosed with a range (not specific dollar amount)
- NAICS code
- No designation of whether you’re a franchise model
- Congressional district
- Data released for loans below $150,000:
- More than 4 million PPP loans were below $150,000
- No borrower names released
- Lender names released
- Total amount per state
- Data released for loans above $150,000: